GujaratiMatrimony, the leading matchmaking service for Gujaratis, from BharatMatrimony, conducted a study of over 4 lakh users looking for a life partner. The study found that individuals are increasingly taking marriage decisions into their own hands as is evident from the fact that 78% of the matrimony profiles are created by the individuals themselves, with only about 8% created by parents and the rest by siblings and others.
The research revealed interesting insights on Gujarati singles and their partner preferences while choosing to get married. Highlights from the research report:
- In tune with the mobile and internet trends, 93% of the GujaratiMatrimony.com member base did their life partner search on their mobile.
- The user base comprised of 31% women and 69% men.
- A significant 10% of the total matrimony profiles were that of NRIs
- 33% percent of women who are seeking a life partner are between the ages of 26-30, while 37% percent of men are in the age group of 21-25.
- Indicating the progressive nature of the Gujarati community was the fact that 57% women and 55% men were okay for a life partner outside their caste.
- For singles seeking a life partner outside India, USA, Canada, Australia and UK were among the most preferred countries.
- 22% women and 7% men were looking for life partners whose education qualification is Masters or above.
- The top professions of male registrants were “Business Owners/Entrepreneurs”, followed by Managers. Among women registrants, it was “Academicians” & “Software Professionals”.
- The top cities within Gujarat that witnessed a maximum number of registrations are Ahmedabad, Surat, Rajkot and Vadodara. For Gujaratis living outside the state, the top cities with the highest number of registrations are Mumbai, Bengaluru, Thane and Pune.
Commenting on the trend, Murugavel Janakiraman, Founder and CEO, Matrimony.com said, “Since 2000, GujaratiMatrimony has earned the trust of millions of Gujaratis to become the leading choice when it comes to finding a life partner. Thousands of success stories are being reported every quarter. Our customer base has been steadily growing amongst the Gujarati community, in India and across the globe. We continue to innovate, launch new safety features and enhance the experience for customers.”