Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International airport adds a technological feature to ensure seamless passenger experience with introduction of Self-Baggage Drop (SBD) facility at the Domestic Terminal T-1. With this innovative passenger-friendly initiative, Ahmedabad Airport aims to streamline the baggage drop-off process to enhance the airport experience.
The SBD facility can reduce the wait time significantly for the baggage drop-off. Also, it can cater for up to three passengers per minute, providing a quick and hassle-free Check-in experience. Ahmedabad Airport has installed two self-
baggage drop machines, allowing passengers to complete their check-in process with the help of an automated system.
Before using the SBD service, passengers need to generate their boarding passes and baggage tags at the self-check-in kiosk. After tagging their check-in baggage, passengers can proceed to the SBD facility, where they can scan their boarding pass, declare their luggage free of prohibited or dangerous items and load their baggage onto the designated belt. If the bags are within the permissible allowance, they will automatically be transferred to the sorting area and generate a receipt.
The SBD facility is available at the Departure Check-in Hall of Domestic Terminal T-1 currently for Indigo passengers. Soon other airlines are expected to come aboard. To use the Self-Baggage Drop (SBD) facility at Ahmedabad Airport, follow these
- Visit the Self Check-In kiosk, generate your boarding passes and baggage tags, which can be done by following the on-screen instructions and entering the relevant details.
- Once you have your boarding pass and baggage tags, proceed to the SBD counter. Here, you must scan your boarding pass at the designated scanner.
- Attach the baggage tag to your luggage securely. Ensure that the tag is visible and marked with the necessary information. If you have uneven or delicate bags, put them in the baggage tubs near the machine. The SBD facility has already calibrated the tub’s weight, so you need not
worry about the weight.
- Declare that your luggage is free of prohibited or dangerous items as an essential security measure to ensure the safety of all passengers.
- Load your baggage onto the designated belt. Follow the instructions and guidelines to ensure your baggage is placed correctly for transfer.
- Once you have completed these steps, a receipt will be generated, which needs to be collected from the SBD machine.
The latest Self Baggage Drop system is a state-of-the-art technology ensuring seamless passenger experience and saves significant time. Ahmedabad Airport remains dedicated to improving the flyer experience and introducing innovative solutions to ensure convenience and efficiency for passengers. With the introduction of the Self-Baggage Drop facility, Ahmedabad Airport aims to make the check-in process quick and effortless for passengers, showcasing its commitment to innovation and enhancing the overall airport experience.