Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India conducts Road Safety Awareness Campaign in Vadodara, Gujarat.
Re-emphasizing the need to build a culture of safe riding habits in India, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India (HMSI) took forward its National Road Safety Awareness Campaign in Vadodara, Gujarat.
Road Safety is a global priority for Honda. Through this three-days camp across four institutions – Ebrahim Banawal ITI College, Sigma University, CK Shah Institute of Management and RMS Polytechnic, Vadodara, HMSI spreads awareness on safe riding practices to over 5000 college students and staff members. HMSI’s road safety instructors utilized the age-appropriate road safety learning programs to enhance the retention of road safety awareness among all.
Till now, in the state of Gujarat, HMSI has imparted education to more than 145000 adults and children, focusing on promoting responsible road usage and cultivating safe riding habits.
Speaking on HMSI’s commitment towards building a collision-free India, Mr. Vinay Dhingra – Senior Director, HR, Admin, IT & Corporate Affairs, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India said, “At HMSI, we strongly believe in nurturing the future road users – children by imparting essential road safety knowledge to them. Our mission is to cultivate a positive mindset among youngsters, instilling in them the understanding that road safety is cool and is a gateway to discipline in life. As we aspire to build a society that places road safety at the forefront and values responsible conduct on the roads, we are committed to empowering and educating the next generation of riders about the crucial significance of safe road usage. To promote this mindset, HMSI has taken the initiative to launch an extensive nationwide road safety awareness campaign.”
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India’s CSR commitment towards Road Safety:
For Honda globally, road safety comes first. As announced in April 2021, “Honda will strive for zero traffic collision fatalities involving Honda motorcycles and automobiles globally by 2050”.
Since inception, HMSI too has integrated safety into all its business endeavors, making it a cornerstone of its social responsibility. As part of our global commitment, we strive to instill safe riding as a daily habit nationwide. Honda’s safety philosophy emphasizes the development of appropriate technologies for its products, to ultimately achieve maximum riding comfort for its customers. Our vision encompasses a society where people experience a collision-free mobile environment, where roads are shared harmoniously, and individuals ride with confidence. To achieve this, we continuously identify and implement impactful road safety initiatives.
At the heart of our efforts are Road Safety Awareness programs held across various locations in India. These interactive and engaging sessions cater to diverse age groups, from children to elders, and take place in schools, colleges, government, and non-government organizations. Through interactive games, role plays, virtual experiences, and more, we aim to raise awareness and promote responsible road behavior among all road users. This awareness initiative has already spread to more than 55 lac Indians. Its team of skilled safety instructors conduct daily programs at its 10 adopted traffic parks across India and 6 Safety Driving Education Centers (SDEC).
HMSI’s National Road Safety Awareness program made learning fun yet scientific through:
1. SCIENTIFICALLY DEVISED LEARNING MODULE: Honda’s skilled instructors set the foundation with theory sessions on road signs & markings, driver’s duties on road, riding gear & posture explanation and safe riding etiquettes.
2. PRACTICAL LEARNING: A special training activity on Honda’s virtual riding simulator was executed for all to experience over 100 possible dangers on road before actual riding.
3. INTERACTIVE SESSION: Participants were given danger prediction training known as Kiken Yosoku Training (KYT) which helps in enhancing rider/driver’s sensitivity to danger and ensures safe driving behaviour on roads.
4. EXISTING DRIVERS HONING RIDING SKILLS: Students & school staff members who are already existing riders tested & honed their riding skills through slow riding activities and riding on narrow planks.
5. LEARNING IN A FUN WAY: To ensure that the young students could learn more about road safety, Honda also conducted fun educational activities like road safety games and quizzes on daily basis.