Naapbooks Limited Signs Strategic MoU with Government of Gujarat to Digitalise Notarisation. In a visionary initiative to promote the IT and technology sector, Naapbooks Limited has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Government of Gujarat. The MoU, dated 03-01-2024, was signed at the office of the Department of Science and Technology, Government of Gujarat, in Gandhinagar, marking a commitment to foster innovation and growth within the state.
This agreement is a significant stride towards leveraging technology for state-wide progress, with Naapbooks Limited set to invest and expand its operations across Gujarat. The details of the MoU include:
- The development of a Digital Notarization System in Gandhinagar with an investment of 75 Cr.
- The project aims to generate an estimated 100 employments in the next 5 years, with the commencement year of 2025.
The Government of Gujarat has pledged full support to Naapbooks Limited by ensuring assistance in obtaining necessary permissions, registrations, approvals, and clearances from the concerned departments, aligning with the policies, rules, and regulations of the state.
“We are proud to partner with the Government of Gujarat and contribute to the state’s IT sector,” said Mr. Ashish Jain, Director of Naapbooks Limited. “This MoU is a testament to our commitment to drive digital innovation and create job opportunities within Gujarat. We are confident that this will catalyse sustainable economic growth and innovation.”
Mr. Tushar Y. Bhatt, IAS, Managing Director, Gujarat Informatics Limited, Department of Science and Technology, who signed on behalf of the Government of Gujarat, expressed optimism about the partnership.
Proposed Project of eNotary (Digital Notarisation)
A digital notarization system in India that leverages artificial intelligence (AI) and blockchain technology. This system aims to revolutionize the traditional notarization process by providing a secure, efficient, and transparent solution for document authentication and verification.
Traditional notarization processes in India often involve manual procedures, leading to delays, inefficiencies, and potential fraud. By adopting AI and blockchain, we can address these challenges and create a reliable and tamper-proof digital notarization system that aligns with India’s vision of a digital-first nation.
The primary objectives of the proposed digital notarization system are as follows:
- To provide a secure and transparent platform for document notarization.
- To enhance efficiency and reduce the time required for notarization procedures.
- To establish a trusted ecosystem for document verification and authentication.
- To promote digital transformation and paperless transactions in India.
- To ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.