UPL Ltd Q4FY21 net rises 72% to Rs. 1,065cr full year profit jumps 62% to Rs 2,872 cr. UPL Ltd. (NSE: UPL & BSE: 512070), global provider of sustainable agriculture products and solutions, today reported robust financial results for the fourth quarter ended March 31, 2021 and for the full financial year 2020-21.
➢ Q4 Revenue from operations increased 15%, to Rs. 12,797 cr.
o Volume growth 18% and price increase of 1%
➢ EBITDA rose 31% to Rs 2,839 cr.
o Strong margins and cost synergies has augured well for a strong EBITDA margins at 22%
➢ Net Profit jumped 72% to Rs. 1,065 cr.
Regional performance highlights for FY2021:
➢ Strong volume growth in Latin America was helped by the catch-up of a delayed season in Brazil. However, the depreciation in the Brazilian Real more than off-set the volume and price increases.
➢ North America was impacted by supply constraints
➢ Europe and India continued to maintain strong volume growth
➢ In Rest of the World, Asia had a strong growth while the AMEANZ region was flat over last year
➢ Accelerated growth of Sustainable solutions across all regions
Other Key Achievements in FY2021:
• UPL launched its ‘OpenAg Center’, a new, state-of-the-art R&D hub which will enables them to leverage their advanced R&D capabilities in partnership with other innovation-based companies to characterize, develop and commercialize new sustainable agricultural solutions.
• Featured in the prestigious S&P SAM Sustainability Yearbook, the only crop protection company in the
world to feature in the yearbook.
• UPL was ranked No. 1 globally in the Agrochemical Sector by Sustainalyticsfor the ESG risk exposure and
• Won the Sixth CII Industrial Intellectual Property Awards in the category of Best Patent Portfolio, Large
(Lifesciences/Pharma) for its pioneering Intellectual property (IP) research and innovation.
• It also won an esteemed Agrow Award for “Best Company from an Emerging Region”.