- EBITDA growth of 61% for the quarter
- 78% rise in Operating EBIT with EBIT margin expansion of 310 basis points backed by strong growth in volumes and efficiency gains
- The greenfield integrated plant at Marwar Mundwa to commence operations in the third quarter of 2021
- Embarking on the next step of our growth journey with cement capacity expansion of 1.5 million tonnes at Ropar (Punjab)
- Health and Safety remains key priority; focus on vaccination drives
Mr. Neeraj Akhoury, CEO India, Holcim and Managing Director & CEO Ambuja Cements Limited said:
“Ambuja registered a strong performance in the second Quarter of 2021 with 78% growth in operating EBIT and 310 basis points expansion in the EBIT margin. This performance resulted from strong growth in sales of premium products and successful execution of efficiency improvement programs which has partly been impacted by rising energy and raw material costs. Synergies under the master supply agreement have significantly benefited both Ambuja and ACC as we leverage our national footprint.
Along with delivering robust financial performance, we remain committed to be best in class in Sustainability goals. Our Waste Heat Recovery Systems projects are progressing as per plan and along with reduction in emissions will also reduce our dependence on thermal energy. With support of our parent, Holcim, we are focused on conserving natural resources by utilizing alternative fuels and raw materials. We have used about 46 Lac tonnes of waste-derived resources in the first six months of 2021. Our increased focus on sustainability, digitisation and innovation is enabling us to reach closer to our global goal of net zero emissions.”