Air conditioning and commercial refrigeration major Blue Star Limited announces the launch of a wide range of new products and solutions with Virus Deactivation Technology (VDT).
B Thiagarajan, Managing Director, Blue Star Limited, adds, “Virus Deactivation Technology provides additional protection against viruses including COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2), in air conditioned spaces. Apart from being completely safe for humans, the above technology deploys components that are non-hazardous, eco-friendly, proven and accepted across the world. The new range of products and solutions, when used while adhering to the safety protocols mandated by the government, will provide additional protection to human beings inside air conditioned spaces.”
Virus Deactivation Technology (VDT)
Blue Star’s new range of products and solutions with Virus Deactivation Technologies (VDT) has the capability to deactivate viruses including COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) with up to 99.9% efficacy, when air passes through these systems.
VDT will be a part of the Company’s new range of solutions specially designed for the new reality. Most of the VDT components have also been designed to be easily retrofitted into existing AC systems, both central and unitary, in the field. These VDT solutions will be useful for all air conditioning applications, be it at homes, ATMs, showrooms, restaurants, offices, or large commercial spaces like malls, cinema theatres and airports. It is pertinent to note that the product is not a substitute to the mandatory precautions prescribed by the Government such as wearing masks, social distancing, usage of hand sanitisers and surface hygiene practices.
One of the following components forms the critical part of VDT:
1. ‘Livinguard’ Filter:
Blue Star offers the ‘Livinguard’ filter which, through its positive charge, attracts the negatively charged viruses including COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) and other microbes, like a powerful magnet, and completely deactivates them when air passes through this filter.
2. UVC Emitters:
Blue Star has also integrated Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation or UVGI technology into its VDT range of solutions. The UVC emitters that are placed in the air conditioning systems irradiate viruses including COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) by altering their DNA/RNA. This effectively deactivates the virus present in the air which passes through the air conditioners.
Blue Star’s new range of VDT products and solutions
- Room ACs with Livinguard filter: The virus is deactivated when the air passes through the filter. The filter is washable and has a long life of at least 3 years*. One of the product variants also assures an air purification level of PM 2.5.
- Room ACs with UVGI: The virus is deactivated when the air passing through is exposed to the UV lamp. Retrofitting on existing machines is possible.
- Ducted ACs with Livinguard filter: The virus is deactivated when air passes through the filter inside the indoor unit. The filter is washable and has a long life of at least 3 years*. Retrofitting on existing machines is possible.
- Ducted ACs with UVGI: The virus is deactivated when the air passing through is exposed to the UV lamp installed inside the indoor unit. Retrofitting on existing machines is possible.
- UVC Tower with Ozone generation: This intelligent, movable and CE certified UV Tower dynamically computes the dosage required to de-activate the viruses and bacteria. It is augmented by an Ozone generator for full disinfection in difficult-to-reach spaces.
Other unique services and solutions offered by Blue Star
Blue Star also offers solutions that help improve indoor air quality, disinfect air and surfaces, and augment fresh air in large conditioned places thereby preventing the spread of viruses including COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) virus, in these closed spaces, be it at home, workplace, or commercial spaces like hospitals and malls, amongst others.
Duct cleaning: Blue Star is a certified member of National Air Duct Cleaner’s Association (NADCA). The Company’s Air System Cleaning Specialists certified by NADCA, render efficient service every single time regardless of the complexity of the project. With the cleaning of the duct, the entire air distribution system eventually gets cleaned.
Hand-held surface disinfectant wand: These solutions decontaminate surfaces infected with mould, bacteria or viruses by using hand-held devices. The wand may be used in any type of residential, commercial, industrial or institutional building to provide a fast-acting, portable method of decontaminating tabletops, walls and other surfaces.
Portable air and surface disinfectant: This is another way to decontaminate surfaces infested with mould, bacteria or viruses. Mobile units are equipped with multi-patented, high output UVC technology. The entire unit moves on a set of castor wheels and is a portable in-room unit.
Fresh air ventilation solution: Treated Fresh Air Units (TFAs) provide a solution for dilution of the conditioned air with induction of fresh air. The fresh air ventilation system can reduce the intensity of transmission of infection aerosols by dilution of air. TFAs, besides ensuring continuous dilution, will also help in prevention of infiltration or contamination from other zones on account of additional positive pressure built-up in the area.