U GRO Capital launches ‘GRO Micro’ expands its network by 25 branches.U GRO Capital, a BSE listed, sector focused small business lending fintech
platform, today, announced the launch of ‘GRO Micro’, a dedicated distribution channel to aid lending services specifically for the unorganized Micro Businesses based in non-metro markets.
The Company announced that it has expanded its distribution network by adding 25 branches across 5 states – Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Telangana, and Rajasthan.
With this geographical expansion under the flagship of ‘GRO Micro’, the
Company aims to offer small ticket loans – secured against property, as well as unsecured loans, to micro businesses, for help them in
- Sustenance and stability in the post pandemic era,
- Meeting their Working Capital needs to fix broken cash flows and
- To cater to their business expansion needs.
U GRO Capital started its journey after it shortlisted 8 sectors and 38 sub-sectors, basis an 18-month process involving extensive study of macro and micro economic parameters carried out in conjunction with market experts like CRISIL.
- The eight sectors shortlisted were Healthcare, Education, Chemicals, Food Processing / FMCG, Hospitality, Electrical Equipment and Components, Auto Components, Light Engineering and Micro Loans.
- Using its first-hand lending experience and insights drawn from use of advanced data analytics, the Company added Micro Enterprises as an additional sector in itself within the 2nd year of its operations.
- Based on its internal research, the Company found that there exists an
opportunity to connect with over 5 million MSMEs in target markets, away from the urban centers.
- These small businesses in Tier 2 and 3 regions face a lack of
formal capital infusion due to insufficient database and unavailability of requisite documents.
- This sector alone presents a huge market opportunity prompting the
Company to launch a dedicated vertical called GRO Micro to cater to these businesses.
- The company aims to bridge this credit gap effectively, by providing its
customized lending services to the MSMEs. U GRO Capital has a robust and highly capable technology enabled underwriting model, for which it has also filed a patent. It plans to combine this model with its deep digital architecture,