Stellar Q3 Helps TCS Hit $25 Bn in Annual Revenue.
Industries: All verticals grew in the mid to high teens. Growth was led by Retail and CPG (20.4%), BFSI (+17.9%) and the Manufacturing vertical (+18.3%). Technology & Services grew +17.7%, Life Sciences and Healthcare grew +16.3% and Communications & Media grew +14.4%.
Markets: Among major markets, growth was led by North America (+18%) and Continental Europe (+17.5%) while UK grew +12.7%. Among emerging markets, growth was led by Latin America (+21.1%) and India (+15.2%), followed by Middle East & Africa (+6.9%) and Asia Pacific (+4.3%).
Services: Q3 witnessed a clear trend of enterprises investing confidently in technology initiatives for longer term growth. There was broad-based growth across all services, led by Cloud, Cyber Security, Consulting & Services Integration and IoT & Digital Engineering.
· Consulting & Services Integration: C&SI continues focus on growth & transformation initiatives for clients with proactive propositions combining TCS contextual knowledge, technology & domain expertise integrating multiple services across our practices. Cloud Strategy & Transformation, Customer Experience, Finance & Shared Services transformation led growth in the quarter.
· Cloud Platform Services: Accelerated cloud adoption by enterprises drove growth in application transformation, IT landscape modernization, shift to hybrid cloud, and data modernization on cloud. TCS won the AWS 2021 Rising Star Partner of the Year (GSI, for USA) & AWS Application Transformation and Migration Partner of the Year (for ANZ) awards.
· Digital Transformation Services: Key G&T themes which saw traction in Q3 include connected enterprise, product innovation, customer experience transformation and security services. Engineering and IoT services are enabling customers to gain complete traceability of products across the value chain, manage assets, innovate products, re-design plants and improve predictability & operational efficiency. This drove growth in Intelligent devices, GIS and Plant Solutions & Services. IoT, Engineering and Analytics services are also helping customers in their sustainability journey, a critical business priority. We are enabling clients on their digital ERP journey leveraging TCS Crystallus™ to empower enterprise digital transformation and drive business value. Oracle Cloud and Niche SaaS transformations led growth this quarter. TCS’ Cyber Defence Suite and globally distributed Threat Management Centers steered growth during the quarter with agile, localized, regulatory compliant security services across ransomware protection, cloud security and managed security services with strong market resonance.
· Cognitive Business Operations: Demand was propelled by customers seeking to outsource IT and business operations to drive business agility, operational resilience, and cost efficiency. Growth in Q3 was led by Enterprise BPS, Infrastructure transformation and automation services. MFDM™ and Cognix™ continue to demonstrate strong market relevance and deliver customer delight.
Engaged by FactSet, a leading provider of integrated financial information and analytical applications, to understand, analyze and repackage their datasets to enable them to target untapped industries and prospective customers. TCS has been instrumental in creating a business case and delivering a consulting-led strategy, leveraging TCS’ Salesforce Center of Excellence. TCS’ NYC Paceport drove the design thinking workshops, solution ideation and creation of workflow along with wireframes to enable the integration of the datasets.
· Selected by a leading ANZ-based specialty retailer, as the strategic consulting partner to build a modern enterprise. TCS will help integrate the business processes (finance, order to cash, forecast to plan, plan to manufacture, inventory) under a common Digital ERP platform on a leading hyperscaler, enabling new digital services and higher efficiency. TCS will also program manage the initiative, including providing OCM services.
· Engaged by a leading US-based banking company as an advisor for data governance across all operational processes for its retail banking business. TCS will use its DATOM™ framework and expertise in banking operations and data governance to model and implement a modern Data & Analytics solution. This will enable an Enterprise Data Management Strategy across all operational processes (disputes, customer complaints, fraud, collections & recoveries).